I recently had a partner visit and we did some tourism around Ottawa along with a couple small things in Quebec. This got me thinking that whether you be local or travelling there are some things that you just shouldn’t miss. I’ve composed this list mostly of hings I have already experienced and some that I have found to be highly recommended. The commonly heard saying about Ottawa is “The city that fun forgot” I don’t agree with this.
Take the time to check some of these off a bucket list and you will see that you really can have fun here.
- Celebrate Canada Day on Parliament Hill.
- Grumble about OC Transpo with someone.
- Go Skiing at Camp Fortune.
- Visit La Ronde Theme Park in Montreal.
- Visit Niagara Falls.
- Go to Toronto Zoo.
- Go to the Canadian Aviation & Space Museum.
- Go to Canadian Museum of Nature.
- Have a Beaver Tail in the Byward Market.
- Take a selfie with Mayor Jim Watson.
- Take a Ride on the Ottawa Hop on Hop Off bus tour.
- Visit Boldt & Singer Castle in the 1000 Islands Two Castle Explorer Cruise.
- Stay in the HI-Ottawa Jail for a night!
- Skate on the Rideau Canal.
- Have a free Birthday dinner at Tuckers Marketplace.
- Stuff yourself at Rib Fest.
Take a photo with one of the royal guards at Rideau Hall.
- Watch a Senators Hockey Game at Canadian Tire Center.
- Have some delicious Indian Food at Express Indian in Montreal.
- Stop in at the Cat Cafe!
- Take a bike ride at the Rockcliffe Parkway.
- Visit the Tulip Festival and snap a few pics.
- Go to Chipotle.
- Try Go Skydive.
- Drive down Taffy Lane during the Christmas Season.
Author: Crystal Gard
I’m a 29 year old Canadian with 3 adorable cats! I’m an avid reader, scrapbooker, blogger, crafter including jewelery making , mixed media art, and watercolour art, among many others and of course cat lover!